Mark your calendars and join us on Wednesday, May 23rd in Palo Alto for an exciting evening with Marten Mickos – a legendary figure in the open source, a leader and builder of the global disruptive businesses.
Marten Mickos has been called "very visible hero of open source" by New York Times. Forbes magazine calls him "a hero of open source revolution".
- What is your first recollection of experiencing great leadership?
- Who had the most significant influence on shaping you as a leader?
- What was the most difficult decision you had to make as a leader?
- How do you structure your day, what tools do you use to keep up with your schedule?
- MySQL had "No software patents” stickers on its web site. What is your view of patenting?
- Do you consider yourself a CEO that is strongly involved with sales? What kind of people do you look for to do enterprise sales? What is your recipe for successfully selling the product/services?
- You twitted "I have a feeling that asymmetries drive the world more than symmetries do" – can you elaborate?
May 23, 2012, Wednesday
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Where: WilmerHale, 950 Page Mill Road Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
Marten currently is the CEO of Eucalyptus Systems, the leader in open source cloud computing. Also, he has recently been nominated for the board of Directors of Nokia Corporation.
As the CEO of MySQL AB for seven years, Marten grew that company from a garage start-up to the second largest open source company in the world. After the acquisition by Sun Microsystems of MySQL AB for $1bn, he served as Senior Vice President of Sun's Database Group.
Previously, Marten held multi-national CEO and senior executive positions in his native Finland. He is a member of the board of Electrosonic. Mickos holds a M.Sc. in technical physics from Helsinki University of Technology, a recipient of the Audemars Piguet "Changing Times Award: European Entrepreneur of the Year 2006" and the Nokia Foundation Award.
6:00pm – 6:30pm Registration and Reception
6:30pm - 8:00pm Marten Mickos Keynote
8:00pm - 9:00pm Networking