TEC Club together with SiliconFrench & AmBAR invite you to hear from first hand what wearables technologies can and cannot do for you, how does it work and where does it go.
Wearable technologies now extend to your kids, pets and even your health. Numerous companies are committed to supplying tools that will make our lives easier and richer, still we haven't yet seen a game changing tool on the market.
WHEN : Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 6:00-9:00pm
WHERE: WilmerHale, 950 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, 94304
With interactive demos and a panel of experts providing diverse experience:
- Eran Frohman: Founder of Connected Goals and initator of the 'Wearable Trek' campaign
- Elad Ferber: Co-founder and Chief of Technology of Echo Labs
- Bruce Bateman: CEO of Bateman Research
- 6:00PM Registration and Networking with French Style Buffet
- 7:00PM Demos and Panel Presentation
- 8:30PM Dessert with Coffee and More Networking
- Eran Frohman, San Francisco-based Israeli/American entrepreneur is founder of Connected Goals, with a background in professional cycling, mechanical engineering and Health care IT. Eran recently completed a 15 day 230 mile 'Wearable Trek' campaign along the rugged John Muir Trail to Challenge himself and different wearable technologies, which assisted him through his effort with geolocation, bio tracking and which helped in achieving the goals set.
- Elad Ferber is the co-founder and Chief of Technology of Echo Labs, a startup that builds wearable devices for professional and aspiring athletes. Echo Labs' devices measure blood composition non-invasively and provide information about energy level, hydration, aerobic capacity, rest and recovery. Elad has 9 years of experience in rapid prototyping of innovative hardware and software products, leading engineering teams in various environments. Previously, he spent 2 years as head of engineering at SpaceIL, a non-profit organization that built a moon lander to compete in the Google Lunar X-Prize competition.
- Bruce Bateman is CEO of Bateman Research, a international private technology think tank, focused on future technologies. As an indicidual, Bruce is THE wearable guy, a Quantified Self’er who life a physiscal connected Life. On any given day he wears 6 to 8 sensors and trackers on his body. As frequent educator and speaker at Wearable and Data Center conferences, help explain how we will evolve into the Connected Life and what impact on technology will be.